The “LP12 Modification Frenzy” (LP12MF for short) is the project that got me started on this blog. It consists of a lengthy and detailed step-by-step evaluation of the effect of upgrades and modifications to the subclasses, top plate, cartridge, tonearm, and (eventually) drive system of my Linn LP12. I’ll use this page to organize my many blog posts into a coherent narrative.
- Beginning. My first post on the blog, in which I briefly preview the LP12MF
- In My Room, in which I describe my office/listening room and provide an overview of all my associated equipment
- The LP12 that I’m About to Dismember, which describes the story and the technical state of my LP12 in its pre-LP12MF state.
- Test Tracks, Test Albums, in which I describe in significant detail all the records and songs I’ll be listening to int he course of the LP12MF
Round Zero: Pre-Modification
- Listening Test: Before any modifications, in which I provide a comparison of my pre-modification “Base” setup and my digital setup. In the early part of the post, I explain my comparative listening methodology.
Round One: Base + Mober
- Installing the Mober Subchassis, in which I perform my first major modification of my Base LP12.